20th June 2020
We currently have the position of a Transport Manager available based at our head office in Southfleet.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for the control, maintenance and optimisation the distribution network.
• Organising deliveries and pickups from various third party suppliers in the UK.
• Liaise with customers to confirm delivery details, accessibility etc.,
• Generate delivery paperwork and ensure any special instructions are detailed.
• Continuously monitor the delivery performance and be responsible for the introduction of department improvements.
• Organise staff and transport availability to ensure goods are delivered on time.
• Making arrangements to ensure that drivers comply with drivers’ hours and tachograph rules, and with speed limits.
• Promote effective and efficient standards of work incorporating all company policies .
• Where appropriate, notifying the relevant Traffic Commissioner (in writing) of all prosecutions and convictions concerning the operator, the drivers and himself within 28 days of the court hearing.
• Management, servicing and licensing of the vehicle fleet to ensure road worthiness at all times.
• Making arrangements to ensure that the vehicles are maintained properly, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found.
• Reporting and recording vehicle defects highlighted by drivers.
• Ensuring the safety of vehicles and staff at all times in terms of terrorism and security .
• Making arrangements to ensure that the vehicle/s are not overloaded.
• Ensuring that authorised vehicles will be kept at the authorised operating centre(s) when not in use.
• Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements and all transport legislation.
• Notifying the relevant Traffic Commissioner of his resignation.
• Any other duties required to maintain and protect our O Licence.
• Any other reasonable duties as required.
Desired Skills and Qualities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills as effective communication is essential for this role.
• Flexibility and thoroughness.
• The ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
• A polite manner and professional manner.
• A reasonable level of fitness.
• Be trustworthy and reliable.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
• Must be 18 years old or over.
• Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths.
• Previous experience is essential.
• Strong IT skills.
• Knowledge of DVSA regulatory requirements.
• Transportation, route planning and logistics experience.
• Strong geographical knowledge.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Want to apply?
Simply send you CV and covering letter either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to FAO Tracy, Grant Haze, The Old West Barn, Highcross Road, Southfleet, Kent. DA13 9PH.